Clubhouse 2 College and Career (C2C)
Computer Clubhouse Members explore and learn various hardware and software technologies to produce projects in the Clubhouse. Because the tools provided through the Intel Computer Clubhouse Network are the same as those used by professionals, Clubhouse Members quickly gain marketable skills. In addition to technical skills, Clubhouse members develop valuable life and job-related skills, including learning to work in a team, problem-solving, and project management skills. However, most young people need assistance realizing the value of the experiences they gain in the Clubhouse.
Clubhouse-to-College/Clubhouse-to-Career (C2C) was developed to support Computer Clubhouse Members in planning for the future and realizing their potential by leveraging the technology skills and experience they gain at the Clubhouse. The goal is to provide young people with the skills and knowledge needed to take an active role in ensuring their own success. C2C helps Clubhouse Members explore professional jobs and academic opportunities, and learn from people who have already succeeded in their careers. Other program goals include:
- Ensuring Clubhouse youth are comfortable with technology and proficient in expressing themselves through professional software and hardware tools;
- Creating positive attitudes toward learning and an increased interest in scholastic activities;
- Achieving genuine interest in technology-related careers;
- Increasing job readiness among Clubhouse youth, including increased placement in internships and jobs drawing on technology skills;
- Supporting college placements, including attendance at colleges Clubhouse members would otherwise be unlikely to attend.
Activities in the C2C program vary as they are based on youth interest and resources in the community. Some examples of C2C activities include:
- Field trips to local companies and to local colleges and universities
- "Job shadows" at companies where youth can shadow an employee throughout the workday
- "Visiting technologist" days, in which the Clubhouse hosts visits from professionals who utilize technology in their careers
- Professional internship and job opportunities for Clubhouse Members
- Workshops in resume-writing, interviewing skills, goal setting, and educational planning
If you are interested in participating in the C2C program, either by offering a workshop or lending support to an activity, please contact the Computer Clubhouse most appropriate to your location. For a list of Clubhouse locations, click here. If you are interested in learning more about Network-wide C2C partnership opportunities, please contact Nicole d'Avis, Program Manager at the Intel Computer Clubhouse Network at firstname.lastname@example.org.